Conditions of Rental
1. This vehicle has been rented with a FULL tank of petrol. The vehicle is to be returned with a full tank of petrol, or the customer will be charged $3.00 per litre to fill the tank. The user of the vehicle is responsible for ensuring that the vehicle has sufficient oil and water while in their possession.
2. The vehicle has been rented in a clean condition and is required to be returned in a reasonable condition. The vehicle must only be driven by the user whose driver’s license has been submitted. There is no charge for additional drivers, but they must be over the age of 25 years. The user will not allow any other person/s to operate the vehicle while it is in their care. Any breaches of this clause will void any and all Insurance cover. In case of an accident, the user is liable a $1000.00 non-waiverable excess or if damage is less than above, you are liable for the value of the repairs. This excess will be taken as a PRE-AUTHORISATION from the supplied credit card, at the time of hire.
3. The customer authorizes Rimu Motors to deduct from the supplied credit card any monies owed to Rimu Motors, either in the form of Insurance excess and/or additional days and/or fuel.
4. This vehicle must not be used in contravention of any law. Any and all breaches of Traffic Regulations or Parking Infringement/Fines will be reported to Rimu Motors and paid promptly by the renter of the vehicle.
5. No driver under the age of 25 years can drive or rent this vehicle.
6. The user will exercise proper care and diligence for the security of the vehicle and will do nothing to jeopardize any and all insurance claims that may arise while the rental car is in the user’s care. In the event of a claim being declined due to the user’s fault, the user will undertake to reimburse all costs to reinstate the rental. The user will be responsible for any and all third party property or vehicle claims made against the user. The vehicle insurance does NOT cover any belongings left unattended in the vehicle, if stolen.
7. Any mechanical problem must be notified immediately to Rimu Motors or the user will be liable for additional damage. The user is responsible for tyre damage and punctures (including damage caused by driving on under-inflated tyres), which would be expected to be repaired before returning the rental car, unless agreed with Rimu Motors.
8. All vehicles are rented with unlimited kilometres. Vehicles are only permitted to be driven on a road which is properly formed and constructed as a sealed or gravel road. The vehicle is not permitted to be driven on beaches.
9. Rimu Motors has the right to terminate the hiring and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with the terms of this agreement, or if the vehicle is damaged.